An important part of our SHEEP and Computing curriculum is teaching the children how to stay safe and be responsible online. The pandemic has meant the children are spending more time online than we might like and in response we have decided to launch ‘Be Internet Legends’, a multifaceted programme designed by Google to teach children the skills they need to be safe and smart online. ‘Be Internet Legends’ provides fun, age-appropriate learning experiences built around five key pillars:
Think Before you Share
Check it’s for Real
Protect your Stuff
Respect each Other
When in Doubt, Discuss.
‘Be Internet Legends’ is a holistic approach, teaching children to be digitally resilient and have strong digital well-being. We want children to have healthy digital habits and leave only a positive digital footprint.
The programme of lessons, which commences this week and will continue in the New Year, will teach the children to:
· Think critically and evaluate online sources.
· Protect themselves from online threats, including bullies and scams.
· Be sharp about sharing: what, when, and with whom.
· Be kind and respectful towards other people and their privacy.
· Ask for help from a parent or another trusted adult with tricky situations.
If you would like to support your child’s online safety please do review these pages: