- supporting a broad range of people within the local community
- fulfilling the personal potential of each pupil - many of whom differ by their academic ability, socio-economic group and nationality
- creating a nurturing environment which enables children to become happy, fulfilled individuals
- striving for excellence in everything we do.
- demonstrating tolerance and compassion
- celebrating diversity whilst drawing upon its Christian foundations
- instilling a strong moral code and an understanding of others.
“Although much has changed since St Lawrence College began in 1879, the ethos and principles of its founders continues to inspire our core mission. We are a community made stronger by our diversity and an awareness of the challenges faced by others. Our pupils experience the values of kindness and tolerance for the good of a world which they hope to shape and in which they make a difference. The development of intellectual curiosity, life skills and values will make them first class national and world citizens. We offer all pupils, irrespective of their background and ability, an outstanding education based on the highest possible standards of teaching and learning, of faith-based and moral development, and of pastoral care. At St Lawrence College, pupils are able to develop their particular interests to the full and open their eyes to new passions that will stay with them for years to come.” David Taylor, Chairman of Governors
As we look towards the 140th Anniversary and the future generations of pupils who will receive this special education, our vision is for:
Excellence: being recognised nationally as one of the top schools in Kent; attracting and retaining the best staff and students; offering a range of high quality facilities; bringing out the full potential of all by focussing on individual strengths.
Opportunity: enabling children to find their own unique talents through the provision of a wide range of opportunities, especially for those from deprived areas in East Kent, and in a highly supportive pastoral environment
Community: supporting the growth and development of our Thanet community through collaboration, the sharing of expertise and shared use of its specialist facilities and resources.
I hope that you will join me, my staff and the Governing Board in fulfilling this vision.
Principal, St Lawrence College