MFC Football Academy
St Lawrence College and Margate Football Club are working in partnership to offer a post 16 football academy. The academy will give students from the UK and around the world, the opportunity to study, whilst training and playing at a high level.
The academy will have its first intake in September 2019, with the application process open from September 2018.
St Lawrence College will process all applications, and will be responsible for providing all the education, accommodation, food, pastoral care and support needed by international applicants.
From a footballing perspective, Margate Football Club will give players all the guidance they need to develop and showcase their talent. It’s an opportunity, for those capable enough, to refine their skills and make a step into the football industry.
Overview of the football element of the programme:
- UEFA A and B licence coaches will provide all coaching on the programme.
- Students will have three training sessions per week.
- Students will play matches on Wednesday afternoons, with teams running in the schools league and the National Youth Alliance League, which is the highest level outside of the professional game.
- Students will have various opportunities to play and develop their game beyond the academy via Margate U18’s, U23’s and Margate FC senior team.
- For the most talented players there is the possibility of paid playing contracts with Margate.
- Players also have the opportunity to be signposted to clubs higher up the football ladder, this is through the club’s vast network of contacts which spans up to the Premier League.
Fees (the payment is split across 3 terms)
Year 12 and 13 Pupils
Day Pupils: £25,899 pa
Boarding Pupils: £45,735 pa
This includes full course tuition, library, laboratory, departmental textbooks, (but not personal textbooks for use in the preparation for public examinations), basic stationery, most extra-curricular activities, all major sports, team travel and midday meals. In addition, Boarding Fees include breakfasts, evening meals and the washing of personal clothing and school uniform (not dry cleaning), and all bedding.
For football specific enquiries please direct emails to email@example.com.
For enquiries regarding education, accommodation or to how to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.