St Lawrence College provides continuity of education from 3 to 18 years, or the flexibility for you to choose independent education for just part of your child's schooling; Nursery, Junior or Senior School.
The Junior School has approximately 160 pupils, with 30 more or so in the Nursery. Boarders are accepted from 7 years old, either full-boarding, weekly or flexi.
OUR 'TOP 10' VALUE-ADDED FACTORS:
- We regard each pupil as a whole person, a unique individual – not just a student.
- Our knowledge of each child and his/her learning needs/style, encouraged by small classes.
- Staff who see teaching at SLCJS as more than just a job; pupils who regard school as home from home.
- Specialist teaching: teachers who have a depth of subject knowledge and a passion for their subjects.
- Specialist facilities: not just those dedicated to the Junior School but also those from which pupils benefit as members of the College community.
- Our commitment to, and the quality of, resources for learning (e.g. ICT).
- Traditional values, borne of our Christian heritage.
- The value we attach to parent partnership – so that parents feel able to share in their children’s learning adventure.
- The benefits of our independence (freedom from the ‘one-size-fits-all’ culture) – and the quality of the back-up services provided by our own professional association (IAPS).
- The international dimension of a multi-cultural family, enabling our pupils to believe that the world is their oyster.
All this for a competitive fee, significantly less than one would expect to pay in the majority of other highly-regarded prep schools.